history

Avon Club is a social and community service organization with membership open to women age 18 or older who live or work in the Avonworth School District. In 1944, Avon Club was founded by women whose husbands were serving in World War II. Club members aided the war effort by rolling bandages, knitting sweaters and corresponding with servicemen. Once the war ended, the purpose of the Club shifted to social interests and to the promotion of civic participation for the betterment of the community. As the Club became more vital to the community and its success in fundraising grew, the need to form a foundation was envisioned.

In 1990, Avon Club Foundation (ACF) was established under the Internal Revenue Code as a tax exempt 501(c)(3) to oversee both the fundraising activities and the distribution of funds. is publicly-supported nonprofit organization has worked for over two decades to ensure deserving charities, community organizations, local schools and other civic causes benefit from the monies raised.