Email firstname.lastname@example.org or join us at a regular club meeting for more information about joining. If you’ve already joined Avon Club and just need to pay your dues use this link: PAY DUES ONLINE.
Membership is open to women age 18 and older who live or work in Ben Avon, Ben Avon Heights, Emsworth, Kilbuck or Ohio Township. Requirements for membership are as follows:
- Complete the word document Avon Club New Member Application The application can be submitted at any event open to new members, including regular monthly club meetings.
- Know Constitution and By-Laws.
- Pay dues promptly. Avon Club dues are currently $30/club year.
- Attend monthly meetings.
- Actively serve on at least one committee and one fundraiser during a club year.
- Vote on issues presented at meetings.
- Submit letter of resignation to the Membership Chairwoman if you choose to resign.
There are many benefits to joining the Avon Club – here are some key benefits:
- Give back to the Avonworth community in many ways, including fundraising, planning community events, and conducting hands-on volunteering.
- Meet and build lasting friendships with a network of 60-80 local women. Attend a variety of social events including dinners, group activities, and family events.
- Select from a range of committees and/or leadership positions that interest you the most and fit into your work / life schedule.
- Committee Descriptions
- Avon Eaters (Organize Member Social events.)
- Civic Service (Organize planting and maintenance of the Ben Avon flower beds.)
- Fall Festival (Organize the annual Ben Avon Fall Festival (last Saturday in September.)
- Friendship (Responsible for assisting those members in need.)
- House and Hostess (Plan monthly Club meeting and holiday party.)
- Membership/Yearbook (Recruit new members and maintain the membership database.)
- Newsletter (Write and publish the Avon Club monthly newsletter.)
- Publicity (Arrange for Avon Club event publicity in local print and social media sources.)
- Scholarships (Select from applicants the recipients of the Avon Club college scholarships).
- Ways and Means (Manage Avon Club fundraising events, such as the Holiday House Tour.)
- Website (Maintain updates on the Avon Club Website using WordPress.)